Continued progress today as things are coming down to the wire. Here are the items on the punch list completed today:
1. Updated all options for double plays, including where the game allows for the defensive manager to select the outcome on special cases. such as when runners are on 1st and 3rd, defensive manager has choice of force out at one, and runners at first and second, or two outs (batter and runner on first) but runner scores.
2. Added the ability to change in a player even if they are not rated for a defensive position, this addresses the Pinch hitting and Pinch Running. When this occurs then the defensive rating is set to -5, which will reduce the probability of automatic out based on team defensive rating. In the four pictures below you can see that Lou Brock is selected to replace Honus Wagner who is on first base.
3. New option to change line up of team in the field (D for defensive) and L option changed to B- batting team lineup
4. Manager decision options coded, here is the example of a runner on first, and batting outcome 2M ($) that allows for the batting team to decide if they want to try and score the runner from first, by use of the runners speed rating to look up outcome in manager decision chart based on dice roll.
At this point, pending a through debugging, I only have 2 manager decision situations to code and the game will be complete.
Final to do’s will include :
1. Making final load tape with loading screen
2. testing on Raspberry PI running Unreal Speccy Portable Emulator, and my Timex Sinclair 2068
3. Play out the best of 7 game series